May 16, 2009

Barry was setting anchors for Lew. ( a sailor) for $100 dollars and hurt his back moving the scuba gear. He finished his job and then helped clean the bottom of the Hobson boat.  He is not walking strait.

May 17, 2009

Went to church by myself.  Barry’s back is really bad.

May 19, 2009

We installed the insulation board. It helps a lot. The Relief Society Book Club met on our boat tonight! We had about 8 or 9 people come out.  Sheyla Norton made an awesome cake and there were other numerous snacks. The book of the month was Enders Game. Only a handful actually read the book but we had a blast anyway.

May 20, 2009

I went scuba diving under the bridge with Jeff ( a guy from our ward). Barry’s back is still bad. I saw an Octopus and a lot of cool tropical fish and I also saw some horseshoe crabs.  Barry, Melody, Orrin and I, then went over to the dive shop and had hot dogs and hamburgers.

May 21, 2009

I looked up from dinner and saw our french neighbors boat banging along side another boat.  Barry jumped in the dinghy and moved, then anchored their boat away from the other vessel.  A little of their red paint got scrapped but nothing else was damaged.  They were really grateful.

May 24, 2009

Church was awesome.  We invited Jen and Russell Shurtz over to our boat on Monday night.

May 25, 2009

Jen and Russell sent the morning with us playing at Peanut Island and jumping off our boat.  We got stuck on the sand at about half way to low tide and we ferried the Shurtz family back in the dinghy so they could attend a going away barbeque.  We cleaned the side of the boat at low tide then slowly waited for the tide to come back in.  We came loose from the sand bar only to get stuck moments later on another sand bar we quickly got out of that one though because Barry got in the dinghy and pulled the boat sideways and we came loose once more.

May 26, 2009

Today we sold the Truck and trailer.  We also dropped off the engine from the Ohlson at Captain Geoffrey’s house. We emptied out a lot of the storage unit. So now we are on foot.

Toilet is broken.

May 27, 2009

We sailed up to Old Port Cove and took the dinghy as close to West Marine as we could. We bought a new toilet.  On our dinghy trip back to Jamaica Fairwell we got caught right in the middle of a rainstorm and took shelter under a small dock and huddled under our laundry while pumping out the rain every couple minutes.  The kids stayed warm and had fun but it sure made the laundry heavy. Crazy rain storm!

May 28, 2009

I did laundry and Barry went to go help Marcello work but ended up fishing most of the day.  He brought home kingfish for dinner and he learned how to fish so now we can catch our dinner on a regular basis.

Today I put another anchor on Jeremy and Aude’s boat because they were swinging into the same vessel.  Looks like the anchor is set good.

May 30, 2009

Went north to Old Port Cove and took the dinghy to Little Lake Worth. We stopped at West Marine and bought the GPS we have been look at and varnish for the wood on the boat.  I started walking to Meghan’s house and stopped with the kids at an exotic animals pet store.  It was like walking into a private zoo.  There were Lemurs, monkeys, and different kinds of birds. We then walked to Meghan’s house, did laundry, and arranged for a ride to church, and family home evening with the Shurtz.

May 31, 2009

We stayed the night at Old Port Cove and got a ride to church from Jamsie Shidel.

June 1, 2009

Today we stayed in Old Port Cove and organized the boat more.  Mainly the tools.  We made lots of progress. We took the dinghy into small lake worth, from there walked to Meghan and John Shurtz’s house. We picked up Fuller and on the way then stopped at Sister Scott’s house to say hi, then motored back to or boat (which we have decided to name “Charity”), then went to Phil Foster Park and picked up Meghan, John, Olivia and Login for a fun family home evening at Peanut Island.

June 2, 2009

Barry went to work for Marcello to help pay back for the Ipod we borrowed and got wet.  I missed my ride with Meghan to go fill up the propane tank.  I will have to do something different. Lew gave me a ride to pay for the storage unit and fill propane.  I think I paid too much for the propane. The kids and I were over visiting with Jeremy and Aude and when we went to leave Melody threw a big fit so after deliberating about what I should do I tossed her into the water and we both made it safely to the dinghy and then shortly there after Barry came home and we went to pick him up, then both of the children decided it was time to swim and they played while Barry took Marcello over to the the Ohlson to get the VHF Radio off of it.  Jeremy and Aude were having Engine problems and when Barry came home we went over to their boat and he figured it out in about 10 minutes. I was the starter key for the engine and it was an easy fix.

June 3, 2009

We were suppose to leave for the Bahamas tomorrow morning around 4:00 but the Nortons didn’t make it back from Colorado as they had planned.  We will wait for a different time.  Jeremy and Barry went over to the Ohlson and decided to sail it without the motor.  I tagged along with the camera and kids in the dinghy for picture taking and incase they needed the dinghy to pull the Ohlson if they got in a tough spot.  The Ohlson sailed beautifully and I couldn’t keep up with her so when Jeremy and Barry got to the leeward side of Peanut Island I caught up and we tied the dinghy up to the Ohlson and by that time the kids had fallen asleep.  A officer tried to hassle us about registation but when he found out there was no motor and we were completely under sail he said “Good Luck “ and backed off. Today was awesome!  Barry has wanted to sail the Ohlson for a long time and now it is done.  We also have great pictures to put on Craigslist.  We forgot that we were feeding the missionaries tonight but by chance Barry was over on the North side of Phil Foster helping Marcello with is boat and ran into them. He cam home and we promptly took up our anchors and I blasted out a fast meal on the 10 minutes drive over to the north side of the park. We had a good visit and didn’t get rained out.

June 4, 2009

Barry worked for Marcello on a pool job and strained his back.  Melody, Orrin, and I played and snorkeled with our water neighbors Jeremy and Aude.

June 5, 2009

Went sailing with Jeremy and Aude. They had their family out with them.  We were a little slow getting ready to leave so we were behind them.  We thought we could catch up but they sailed faster then us. In fact they sailed circles around us. We were dragging the dinghy so I know that didn’t help but they still would beat us in a race hands down. When we came out the inlet we headed south for a while then turned around and came back in the inlet and dropped anchor in our normal spot right before a huge rainstorm descended upon us.  What a fun day!!!

June 6, 2009

Went grocery shopping at Win Dixie which is a short distance from a marina that we can dinghy to. Helped Hobson’s with a problem with their mast light.

June 7, 2009

Got a ride to church with Jamsi Shidel.  We invited her over to our boat after church and had a relaxing evening talking about education, construction, sailing, and so forth.


About Trisha Perkins

Hi, my name is Trisha Perkins. I was born in St. George Ut, and raised in many different places. California, Texas, Panama, North Carolina, and Utah have all been home for me. My family moved back to St. George Ut after my father left the army. I was home schooled most of my school years, then enrolled for long distance schooling from an accredited high school. I taught gymnastics and swimming for 3 years. Then I realized I wanted to learn more about children, because I didn't know enough about them and I wanted to be prepared for motherhood. I taught montessori preschool for one year, then I went to a summer camp in New Mexico to teach horse back riding. Now I have to back up a little. A couple of my friends had gone to this same summer camp to teach the year before and one of their friends from camp tagged along with them back to St. George. Here enters the Pioneer. My life would never be the same. I tapped into a soul that I didn't know the voltage of. I met Barry Perkins. He proposed to me while scuba diving off of the Californa coast. We were married in the St. George temple on October 16th 2004. We have always wanted to give our children the best education. Leadership education! We wanted to travel and let them experience different cultures and countries and read great books and be a united family. So here we are starting off on a journey of a lifetime.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s