Today has been interesting. We docked Jamaica Faiwell and were getting ready for the Nortons to come out and sail with us.  Barry went over to the Ohlson and I was with the kids at the dock and two sheriffs came down to the docks to get on their sheriff boat to patrol the waters and he told me I couldn’t clean my boat there or use the water (which is at the dock in many different areas for the public use) and I had to leave in ten minutes.  Keep in mind this is a day use dock (first come first serve) you just have to be off by night. 

They left and Barry came back to get the Nortons ( they were in the parking lot)and the cops came back.  We were still there so he started yelling at me and telling me he could give me a misdemeanor for using county water. 

Barry comes back(with friends in tow and tells him to calm down( why sir are you yelling at my 5’ 2” wife )  then the cop is looking for any reason to give us a ticket because now he is on an ego trip. 

He can’t give us a ticket for using water or being at the dock for longer then ten minutes.  So he gives us a ticket (that Barry has to show up in court for) for not having our dinghy registered, and if the motor was not on the back, he couldn’t have given us that ticket. 

The park ranger tried to help us out but he said his supervisor has the back bone of a jellyfish. ( the park ranger said “we got between four officers and their trip to peanut Island to go look at other men’s wives”.)  

He said at Phil Foster there were people with dogs on the beach, others with beer, and the officers won’t do anything about that but they will send Barry to jail the next time he sees him in the dinghy with the motor on the back with out it being registered.

So because they are looking out for our safety we now have to row (safe huh, more then anything it is a huge inconvenience.) 

Anyway, we finally got out on the water and had a wonderful time with our friends.

Later we took our kids to the Shurtz and went to the evening session of Stake conference. We were hungry and ended up getting feed a wonderful meal that was leftovers from a meeting with the Presiding Bishop.  The meeting was wonderful and we went home feed physically and spiritually.

About Trisha Perkins

Hi, my name is Trisha Perkins. I was born in St. George Ut, and raised in many different places. California, Texas, Panama, North Carolina, and Utah have all been home for me. My family moved back to St. George Ut after my father left the army. I was home schooled most of my school years, then enrolled for long distance schooling from an accredited high school. I taught gymnastics and swimming for 3 years. Then I realized I wanted to learn more about children, because I didn't know enough about them and I wanted to be prepared for motherhood. I taught montessori preschool for one year, then I went to a summer camp in New Mexico to teach horse back riding. Now I have to back up a little. A couple of my friends had gone to this same summer camp to teach the year before and one of their friends from camp tagged along with them back to St. George. Here enters the Pioneer. My life would never be the same. I tapped into a soul that I didn't know the voltage of. I met Barry Perkins. He proposed to me while scuba diving off of the Californa coast. We were married in the St. George temple on October 16th 2004. We have always wanted to give our children the best education. Leadership education! We wanted to travel and let them experience different cultures and countries and read great books and be a united family. So here we are starting off on a journey of a lifetime.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s